It can be easy to overlook the amazing things you already have in your life and instead focus on the things that you do not possess. Perhaps it is a new car, or a loving spouse, a better house or a more fit body.
I am not sure what it is about the power of gratitude that makes it:
A) Feel so great
B) Have a huge (positive) impact on your life.
Want to see how great being grateful feels?
The best way to fully appreciate the power of gratitude is to use it when you lay down to sleep each night.
My new nightly routine is to first use a Manifesting Card, to attract and manifest into reality that which I desire. After using the Manifesting Card, I lay my head on my pillow, close my eyes, and begin thinking of all the things I have in my life to be grateful for.
- I am thankful for each of my children, and the joy that they bring me.
- I am thankful for my loving wife and our time together
- I am thankful for the comfort and protection that my house provides
- I am thankful I make a living doing what I enjoy
- I am thankful that I have enough food and water to eat
- I am thankful for my health and my families health
- Sometimes I am shallow, and thankful for a new gadget or toy.
- Some nights I think of specific experiences I had during the day, and am thankful that they occurred.
When you do this, you drift off to sleep feeling incredibly rich and thankful. What a great way to end every day.
I can still remember how I use to drift off to sleep thinking about all the things that never got done in a day… WOW, those were bad years. Each night I went to sleep unhappy and frustrated, and the universe delivered more things to be unhappy and frustrated about the next day. It was a vicious cycle. If only I had known then what I know now….
Here’s to you feeling grateful, happy and blessed tonight when you lay down to sleep!